Are you planning to earn an Industrial management degree online, but don’t know where to start? In this article, I am going to all the things associated with an industrial management degree.
Those who study and gain expertise in industrial management would have an abundance of opportunities available because they can successfully apply engineering concepts to running industrial or manufacturing operations and thus are in demand in the industry.
Industrial management students learn how to build and oversee industrial processes. Employees with this degree may have the ability to go on to positions in enforcement or to work in management in the operations or industrial department.
An industrial manager is in charge of the staff, the materials, or the technology in the manufacturing phase of making products. The corporate industries require industrials to manage work on the planning, scheduling, as well as coordination, of flow and processing.
More advanced industrial management degrees online are available for those who choose to go online at the bachelor’s, Master’s, post-graduate, and graduate levels. All required courses can be completed entirely online. Since it depends on the level of study, curriculum, but is found in all curricula, basic personnel administration and supply, and demand skills are included.
Online Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Management
Topics including project management, quality control, safety education, and materials management will be included in this curriculum. The following courses are requirements for entry into the Associate in Applied Science program: A managerial training program that offers real-world applications is a necessary pre-requisite for promotion to executive-level jobs.
Online flexible courses are available for evening or weekend classes. Online students can involve community activities classroom sessions. A web-based learning framework offers students assignments, tasks, and tests.
Students must perform research and meet deadlines for all tasks through the online learning system. Class talks can take place via forums, blogs, or online meetings.
Major Courses in Bachelor in Industrial Management
The course includes business, procurement, and staff management studies. Communication, logical reasoning, humanities, and ethics general education prepares students for interpersonal qualifications necessary for management.
Students may expertise in the successful management of projects. Themes include cost estimates, planning, budgeting, and control of resources. A final team project may be necessary.
Supply Chain Management
This course examines the method of managing from start to finish a manufacturing cycle of products. The topics include the location of plants, inventory, and handling of materials.
Management and Training Principles
Promotes the philosophy and methods used to control and inspire workers efficiently. Checks educational systems and methods of assessment.
Online Master’s Degree in Industrial Management
This curriculum combines industrial and personal management curriculum with business management courses to train students for supervisory roles. Skills for the management of various aspects of the manufacturing process including product acquisition, bidding planning, and human resources management are created.
Students need a bachelor’s degree in mathematics or engineering or an extensive background in engineering before entering. Full coursework in calculus, statistics, or engineering science can include more requirements.
This Master’s course can be completed in two years with four 10-week modules annually for accelerated semesters. The format of online learning remains traditional.
Major Courses in Industrial Management
The course comprises research in manufacturing and business management systems. Groups such as information technology, engineering, or business can be elective.
The emphasis on leadership skills in an industrial environment covers the complexities of workers and human relations.
Economies in Engineering
Shows strategies for economic procurement and withdrawal of manufacturing operations. Models for risk analysis are part of this course.
Quality Control Systems
Demonstrate techniques for evaluating processes and procedures for quality management. Sampling, regression, and predictive process control provide quality control techniques.
Does this course add value to my career?
Students studies in the manufacturing and service sectors and may find both management and organizational positions in their professions. The graduates’ positions include production manager, quality engineer, manufacturer, supply chain manager, logistics account manager, process engineer, VMI analyst, production management, supply chain optimization, quality manager, and project manager for six-sigma applications.
Industrial management degree online employment prospects include technicians, quality systems managers, shift managers, and production managers. Employment in this area is expected to decrease with automated and efficient manufacturing processes. The US Labor Statistics Office posted an average annual salary of $103,380.
Major Goals of Online Industrial Management Program
- This program increases the scope of the education of a person in different technical fields related to industrial management.
- This curriculum enhances the scope of training in a single technical field linked to industrial management.
- The curriculum should meet the needs of the person who requires additional expertise in areas not covered by his or her bachelor’s degree program or wants to expand his or her undergraduate knowledge or work experience.
- The main goal of the curriculum is to provide an understanding of management principles and new technological technologies for technically oriented companies.
Benefits of Earning Industrial Management Degree
- You can tailor an industrial management degree online curriculum for your academic requirement courses that suit your objectives and preferences to prepare you for career changes or progress. You can add 12 or 36 credit hours to the degree requirements through working classes or technical classes from technical or college schools, training through the military, or verified job-related training.
- Industrial Management is a versatile, online degree program in just one year. The bachelor’s program builds on your technical expertise by improving your extensive knowledge of production management, quality management, project management, and continuous technological improvements.
- Industrial management trains business, industry, and government leaders to handle, operate and sustain complex technology systems.
- The Industry Management degree enables students to meet these challenges by training in subjects relevant to direct task supervision and support activities such as quality management, preparation of projects, and the control of materials.
- Industrial management focuses on management and production aspects. Lean manufacturing, six sigma, supply chain, computer-aided production, manufacturing processes, and robotics are highly requested technological areas for Industrial Management.
Some Universities That Offer Industrial Management Degree
- Capella University
- Strayer University
- Grand Canyon University
- Columbia University
- Purdue University
- Colorado State University
- Colorado Christian University