What is an entertainment business degree online? The entertainment degree program blends the business and media sectors to deliver a marketing, management, and entertainment studies curriculum. As an online student, you can encounter a learning atmosphere that blends the framework of a business school with the imagination of the performing arts.
Online bachelor’s degree in the entertainment business. You can concentrate on either music or entertainment business.
In the entertainment, sports, and event management sectors, entertainment management focuses on marketing, entrepreneurship, and other associated business skills.
Overview of an Entertainment Business Degree Online
- Coursework in basic business areas such as finance and marketing is commonly included in online undergraduate entertainment management programs. Present developments in creative industries such as theatre, cinema, music, and television may be covered in certain courses. Public relations managers, event managers, event coordinators, and social media managers are also candidates for an online bachelor’s degree in entertainment management. A degree in this field can be beneficial to agents and business managers who represent musicians, performers, and athletes.
- For students who are also working professionals, an online entertainment management curriculum provides versatility. Web-based programs usually adopt the same comprehensive curricula as brick-and-mortar programs, resulting in graduates having similar progression opportunities. Students who have external responsibilities, such as child or family care, on top of their job and class schedules will benefit from the online format.
Major Coursework of an Entertainment Business Bachelor
- Finance, accounting, communications, and human resources are also included in most online bachelors in entertainment business management programs. Another common course subject is business law, which covers topics such as intellectual property, contracts, and negotiations.
- For entertainment management majors, event management is typically a focus. These courses include techniques and strategies for conducting research, arranging, and planning activities for a variety of audiences. Other courses in the film industry concentrate on data mining and market reporting techniques.
- Foundational coursework in other fields, such as statistics and English composition, may be included in this degree program.
Major Coursework of an Entertainment Business Master’s
Project and Team Management
Students in this class learn how to organize and handle all facets of a large project. The focus of the course is on keeping on budget and evaluating team members’ strengths and weaknesses.
Entertainment Industry Finance
A major part of an entertainment business degree online is assisting clients in making sound financial choices. This course provides students with fundamental business knowledge that will allow them to provide the best possible service to their clients. This course may cover how to fundraise for a single client or a start-up at some universities.
Negotiation and Deal-Making
Developing a company or a brand needs business acumen. Negotiation and deal-making students learn how to turn a single client or business into a money-making brand. Contracts and persuasion are also included in this course.
Business Plan Development
Most colleges that offer an online master’s degree in entertainment industry management have a capstone experience that helps students to apply their business expertise. In certain cases, students focus on a business plan for the whole quarter and present it at the end.
Any entertainment manager’s progress is helped by digital marketing. Students can learn digital marketing best practices in this course so that they can sell themselves to potential customers and use those practices to benefit their clients.
Career Opportunities for an Entertainment Business Degree
- The exciting world of entertainment is an industry where both imagination and business experience can be channeled. When it comes to musical performance, music companies, theater projects, and other endeavors, there are a plethora of skill sets at work to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Undergraduates interested in pursuing a career in the arts should consider pursuing a degree in entertainment production, as it will provide a strong base as well as important industry contacts.
- Starting with your first day of class, career growth is a lifelong process. The study, networking, planning, professionalism, and the ability to keep up with business practices and trends are the keys to unlocking and maintaining a successful career in the entertainment industry.
- The Career Development department works in tandem with students’ academic programs to help them develop interpersonal and professional skills, promote their career aspirations, and bridge the gap between academia and the workplace.
- The job outlook for those with an entertainment business degree online varies depending on the career title. Some workers, such as public relations and fundraising managers, as well as conference, convention, and event planners, are expected to rise faster than normal, according to the BLS.
- Agents and business managers of musicians, performers, and athletes, for example, are related to average job growth.
Some Organizations Related to Entertainment Business
- Weddings, corporate conferences, charitable activities, and trade shows are all organized by event coordinators. They oversee the logistics of each event, including catering, decorations, and venue management, and must consult with clients regularly to ensure that the logistics are maintained. A bachelor’s degree would be desired.
- Event planners are in charge of the preparation, staffing, and other logistical aspects of conferences and other activities. They are supposed to keep accurate records for various vendors and orders, as well as market their activities. In most cases, a bachelor’s degree in accounting, marketing, or communications is required.
- Public relations managers are in charge of ensuring that the companies they represent have a good public profile. They may be asked to oversee social media representation for their employer, as well as organize promotions and other services that raise visibility for their clients. The majority of public relations executives have a bachelor’s degree.
Popular actors, singers, and athletes are the focus of attention in the entertainment industry. However, behind the scenes, entertainment agents work tirelessly on behalf of their clients, assisting them in making the best career choices possible.
Professional entertainment managers will make a lot of money in addition to working with some of the biggest names in entertainment.
How much it costs?
The cost of a Bachelor’s degree in Entertainment Management is calculated by a variety of factors, including state residency and technology fees. Out-of-state students usually pay more intuition, although some online schools charge a flat tuition fee for all online programs, regardless of state.
An online Bachelor’s in Entertainment Management degree will cost anywhere between $330 and $470 per credit. The annual fee for the degree, on the other hand, is usually between $40,000 and $57,000.