Why sexology degree online? A holistic view of human sexuality is offered through this curriculum. It addresses, delicately and comprehensively, all related sexology subjects, including sexual and therapeutic health aspects.
It discusses a spectrum of sexual behavior; the possibilities of sexual dysfunction treatment; the need to protect ourselves from sexually transmitted diseases; how our sexual pleasure can increase with age as the body changes; and how we can assist victims of sexual assault, etc.
Specialist, Expert, Bachelor, Master & Ph.D. This module is applied to Programs of Degree. At the postgraduate level, this academic program is planned.
This sexology degree online can also be modified to complete the Specialist, Expert Diploma, or Bachelor’s Degree requirements of the course.
A further choice is to enroll in one of the courses mentioned in this module of specialization. It is possible to merge or complete this module with other modules from this faculty.
Major Courses in Human Sexology
The Consciousness of Senses & Growth
This course explores the relationship that leads to the creation of self-awareness between the senses, the body, and the mind.
It explores different techniques that allow further body control and internal energy flow to be gained through the perception of internal forces and their direction. It explains how personal senses are formed to boost self-perception and become a better therapist.
Sexuality for Human Beings
This course offers a detailed view of human sexuality and the process of restructuring sexual attitudes.
It includes subjects such as support, communication, creativity, masturbation, pornography, bisexuality, desensitization, and sexuality for women and men, sexual enrichment, special issues, therapy, and cultural expression. It ignores how sex is influenced from tribal to industrial societies by culture.
Education for Sexual Gratification
This course explores methods for optimizing sex life, sexual aids, sexual approaches, and enjoyment for men and women.
It emphasizes the importance of different approaches for bodywork for individuals planning to work in the area of sex therapy and counseling. A sexological exploration of objects that have been produced in response to sexual attraction and experience is also included.
As a dynamic psychological, socio-cultural, biological, and historical phenomenon, this course explores the growth and expression of sexual activity.
It addresses human sexuality research methods; biological bases of sexual behavior; sexual desire and response; gender identity and gender roles; attraction and love; sexual orientation; life-cycle sexuality; sexual disorders and sex therapy; prevention of safer sex and STDs; atypical sexual variations; sexual coercion and sexual assault and care.
This course looks at the historical approaches and mechanisms of sex therapy as well as the modern ones. This course explores various philosophies of sex therapy to provide an eclectic approach to sex therapy; how they were created, the reasoning for their use, their implementation methods, and the evaluation of their efficacy.
What is the objective of Human Sexology Degree?
- A multifaceted topic is human sexuality. Any discussion of sex seems to be relevant to all aspects of human existence. It is necessary to understand the biological aspects, the psychological aspects, to understand human sexuality. You will learn about a range of problems relevant to human sexuality in this online course. Many of these subjects will be quite sensitive, meaning that people may be embarrassed, they may be at odds with someone’s personal/religious values, or some people may consider them abnormal, sick, or sinful.
- The online course aims to familiarize you with the multifaceted aspects of human sexuality and to help you improve your understanding of how human sexuality affects so many other parts of our lives and influences them. You can become more aware of your unique human sexuality through this course, which means that you understand the biological, psychological, social, and cultural influences on your sexual feelings, attitudes/values, and behaviors.
- In a safe and respectful environment, the objective of this sexology degree online course is to learn about the many facets of human sexuality and the treatment of sexual disorders. The physiology, psychology, and sociology of sexuality, including the effects on individuals and families of sexual attitudes and functioning, are subjects. It will also explore clinical applications, including the treatment of sexual difficulties and dysfunction. Students will develop knowledge of the language and terms of sexology and will demonstrate the ability to apply this understanding to clinical situations.
See also: Why study online Paleontology Degree?
Requirements for the Degree
You have to complete 22 lessons and 3 proctored exams 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date.
Each lesson includes assigned textbook readings, a narrated PowerPoint lecture, a learning activity, a brief essay assignment, and a quiz for mastery.
The tests consist of mostly multiple-choice questions that also include some true or false questions. The material presented in the lessons will be covered by each exam.
Career Opportunities after Sexology Study
- Since the field of sexology is diverse, it is dependent on the professional regulations of that discipline to recognize degree programs as entry into specific professions. Psychology, education, therapy, justice, for example.
- Graduates with a degree in sexology can develop careers in the fields of sex therapy, sex education and counseling, protection of children and elderly, development of sexual health policies, human rights, disability, cybersecurity training.
- Health promotions, youth work, academia, medical management, risk management, forensic assessment, group work, sexual investigation, intercultural work, international programs, population management, organizational management, and many others may be pursued by graduates in sexology.
- Licensed sexologists are experts in mental health who provide individuals and couples with counseling services. Their training is based on traditional psychological values and is supplemented by human sexuality courses. Extensive psychotherapy services are provided by sex therapists.
- Sexologists will complete the individual or couple’s intake and evaluation and, based on the information obtained at the initial meeting, the sexologist will develop a treatment plan with the client’s direct input. Therapists may recommend clients to read materials or videos or assign communication exercises when advising couples.
Universities That Offer Sexology Degree Online
1. Capella University
2. Walden University
3. Liberty University
4. Amridge University
5. Grand Canyon University
6. California Southern University
7. Messiah College
8. Touro University Worldwide
9. Regent University
10. Palo Alto University
An important component in health care, social sciences, biological sciences, and society is human anatomy, gender roles, and sexual activity.
For a broader professional audience, expanding human sexology degrees online meets this special, non-clinical need and trains you to offer applied solutions to real-world sexual health crises.